Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Candy...yes please!

I have the decor 'redo' bug. I love it. I love it because if you look closely enough at tings you can figure out a way to make them for a fraction of the cost to buy it. My hubby loves to have candy bowls sat around in the living room. He grew up with it at his parents house and just thinks that's the way it's supposed to be. Since changing the look of our living room a few months ago I haven't had anything to use for the candy bowl. A few weeks ago I had seen a stand that I knew would be perfect for this so I set out to Goodwill and started my search!

This is what I came home with....A wooden bowl.  I loved the top of it.

A candle stick....

I used sanded both pieces down and put them togeather with some wood glue...

I then spray painted both pieced white and "washed" it with light blue.  (the color of our walls)
The top....

The bottom...

And now the finished product!

Perfect!  Now, I just have to figure out a way to keep the kids out of the candy jar when dad get's home and I have to put stuff in it.  HAHA

I will be linking to these parties!

Have A Wonderful Day!!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea. I love that you created something cute and new from old materials. : ) I am your newest follower. Please come visit me at www.funfrugalmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gluing stuff to candle sticks! lol It looks great! Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty creative, I am liking it and maybe the kids won't catch on;)

    ReplyDelete

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!