Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pinterest: Make Me! {Bracelet}

This past week I have been so busy working on things for my FIRST craft fair!  It is this coming weekend...and I am SO nervous!  I have never made so many things.  In fact, I have never SOLD anything.  LOL  Up to this point I have only ever made things for friends and family.  Can you say Double Nervous?? 

Anyway, back to the post.  While looking on Pinterest {Of course} I seen this bracelet.  I tracked it back, but there was not a tutorial to make one.  Lucky for me, I was at my moms last week and she came up with how to do it.   :)

Here is the one I found....

Here is how to make one yourself.  Take 2 LONG strings of jute (or other string) fold them in half and tie a knot with enough space for your button to slid through in the end.

Now, you should have 4 strings.  Put how ever many beads on the stings as you would like.  I did three beads, on separate strings.  Now, tie another knot in the strings.  {You can choose how much space you want, and how many "knots".}

Once you finish with your beads and knots {I did three "separate" bead sections}, you can put your button on the end.  I used large buttons so that I could fit two strings in each hole on the top, then slide them back through to the bottom.

Now that you have your string through your button, you can tie close it off and cut the excess string.

This is what the top of my button looked like.

Here is the finished product!  I love it!

And of course I couldn't just stick with plain colors.  I needed some "cuties"!!

The two are my {favorite}!  Is it bad that I am kinda hoping they do not sell, so that I can keep them?? LOL

What do you think?  Like them?  Please let me know if you have any questions.

I like to party over here!

Have a fabulous day!
Sew Rockin'

32 comments:

  1. these are really cute! i like the green one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! Good luck on your first craft fair! It sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so pretty. I love the jute with pearls, but I never would have thought to pair them.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tutorial there really cute!
    I'm a new follower and would love if you'd follow back!
    Julianne

    www.sewfantastic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice idea and bracelet! Thanks a lot for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This spring while visiting Italy I saw lots of this type jewelry in a shop. I fell in love but was too cheap to buy any. Thank you so much for posting this. So excited to make one!
    www.nicolegreen72.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just adorable! I'm sure they'll sell. Would you pretty please share them here?

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/csh-thursday-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I've got some colored jute that will be perfect! Thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  9. the pearls are a nice touch with the jute:) great finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these! Thanks for the tutorial.... I'll have to try these for me and my girls! I found you from the linky at bedifferentactnormal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I pinned that bracelet as well!!! I LOVE your tutorial! Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us. I'm off to follow your blog and your pinterest boards. :)

    xxoo,
    Liberty
    www.libertyoriginal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. I would love for you to stop by and link up your bracelet to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to link up.

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So flipping cute! I love these. Thanks so much for sharing this at the Thrifty Thursday Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are really cute! Good luck with your show!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are SOO cute, Christy!!! I saw that same one on Pinterest and fell in love! You did a fantastic job! :) Thanks so much for sharing! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just wanted to let you know that I featured your project today on "You Sew Rock Me Fridays" on my blog Sew Rockin'. Awesome job! I can't wait to see what you come up with in the future!

    You can find the post at http://www.sewrockin.com/2011/10/28/you-sew-rock-me-fridays-2/

    Jamie @ sewrockin.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your bracelets are so pretty. Do you think narrow ribbon would work?

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. such an adorable idea! LOVE the pearls w/the jute...great combo! Question: What mm jute did you use? I was going to make a few of these for gifts, but the jute I bought wouldn't fit through the holes in my beads!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much, everyone!

    To Unknown....I had to go through a few different sizes of pearls to find a hole big enough for my jute. I have the regular jute, but went through a few different sizes of pearls. I do not know what "size" they are, since they were all from my mother's stash. I'm so sorry I couldn't be of more help. :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the tutorial. I made one in under 20 minutes with stuff I had at home. I love it. I used macrame cord and purple beads. You could probably use hemp also. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for share. I'll do one certainly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kiss from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for sharing the instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adorable! I bought a couple necklaces with silver charms with ( kids) names on them for friends. I don't love the way it turned out. I plan to take the charms off the necklace and add them to this bracelet. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Vicki Williams Feb 5,2012 1:50 PMFebruary 5, 2012 at 12:56 PM

    VERY VERY IN STYLE! Can't wait to make one or more....I'm sure after I make one for me,my daughters an all my girlfriends will want one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This tutorial is amazing!! I have some jute & a large button that are *sentimental* as I found them while teaching for a year in Korea. This is the perfect little project to remember my trip always whenever I look down at my wrist!! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this! I just so happen to have all the materials. We are making these this week! New FB follower.

    ReplyDelete
  27. made this and it turned out great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. How well did these sell, and what did you price them at? Was there a popular color combo that was more popular?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, The natural color jute and cream bead seem to have been the most popular. I sold a few for $7, but not many. :) I hope that helps.

      Delete

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!