Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, October 28, 2011

Fair Money Holder

I couldn't do a "craft fair" without a cute way to keep my money now could I? ;) So I decided to pull out some bandannas. Don't you love bandanna's? Or is this just me? I think they make super cute skirts for little girls (I will show you one I made for Riley, soon), head wraps, and even money holders! Lookie at my money holder....


I did not take pictures of how it was made, but I will explain how I did it.  It was super easy.  Decide which bandanna you want for your base (orange) and which one you want for your pockets (zebra).  I folded the zebra in half, and then cut that half into half.  I used the half that had the folded end, so that I could use that part as the "top" of my pockets. I then folded my base (orange) into half.  I put my zebra sandwiched between my orange (with the folded part of the zebra towards the middle)  I then sewed all the way around, leaving a small hole to flip it inside out.  Once finished sewing, flip it inside out, this will give you the pockets on the outside.  I then sewed the remaining hole in the orange one up.  I then sewed a straight line down the middle of the zebra, to create the "pockets".

Once this is done, all you have to do is sew a ribbon around the top (big enough to rap around you with room to tie in the back).

So, what do you think?  Did you understand my language on how I did it?  If not, please let me know and I will make another one, and take pictures this time. ;)  I did this the morning of the sale, so I was in a super hurry! Oops.

I think it is very cute, and I felt so "festive" with the orange and black, since it was  a "fall festival". Ha!

I like to party over here.

Thanks for stopping by!

Have a great day!




3 comments:

  1. Too cute! I need to try this so I'll have something cute when I have my annual yard sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! And it's cute too :). Visiting from TT&J :) I would love for you to link this up to my fashion party! It's called DIY Diva Thursdays and we party Th-M every week. Hope to see you!

    Kara
    www.mineforthemaking.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute way to use a bandana unconventionally :]

    ReplyDelete

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!