Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Car Emergency Kit (With printable list)

Hi friends!!

The past few months I have been thinking about emergency preparedness for my family.  I have never really thought about it, and here lately with the news coverage, and everything going on with our world I decided it was time to get something going.  In today's uncertainty I believe it is best to be prepared.

Since this is all so new to me, I decided to start with our vehicles.  We do not buy new vehicles.  Only used ones for us.  And no matter how "new" they are, things can still go wrong and you can still be broken down in unknown areas.  We do have a great service though our insurance in case this happens, but what if it takes a few hours for someone to get to us?  This past fall that happened to us.  We were one hour from home, and our car broke down.  We had to wait about 2 hours before anyone came to get the car, and a friend came to pick the kids and I us.  During this time the family got hungry and thirsty.   They were also bored.  Now, we will be prepared for that!


Pin It
 
I started by making a detailed list of every possible thing that we may need if we were stranded in our car for a few hours. I know it could happen during the day, as well as at night. So I tried to be prepared for either scenario.
 
After making my list, I went through the house and gathered things that I already had on hand that we wouldn't miss if it were in the car. By doing this I marked off about half of our list right from the jump.  Next I went through and highlighted what I could get at Dollar Tree.  After gathering what I could there, I hit up our Target and finished the list out there. 
 

I made sure to have medicines and things like that.  Toilet paper...with kids you never know! ;)  Food and water.  I also found some awesome head lamps in Targets camping area on clearance for $5 a piece!  Score!!  I figured these would come in handy if it were night time, and we needed our hands to be free while still being able to see.

I found a decent sized small tote at Target to keep all of the supplies in, and it will go in the back of my truck.  I believe it was only $7.

I will also change some of the products when the seasons change.  Just to keep the food within expiration date, and the products changed out from summer items and winter items.

If you would like to see a detailed and printable list by clicking on the link below:

 


What about you?  Do you have a Car Emergency Kit in your vehicles?  If so, what do you keep in yours?  Anything different?

Thanks so much for reading!

I will be partying over here.



 

2 comments:

  1. Great job on this. I love how organized it is. I definitely need to update mine!
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list. One thing; however, the water won't be good on a hot day as the plastic will leach into your water.. You'll need to carry the water separately!

    ReplyDelete

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!