Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

DIY Boyfriend Jeans

So, if you are a jeans kind of girl like I am....then you probably want/own a pair of boyfriend jeans. Well, I have not broken down and bought any yet because I just can't justify spending over $50 on a pair of ripped up jeans when I really don't "need" more jeans anyway. In comes an amazing blog post that I had seen on another blog. I did not even think about saving this to link up, im sorry. (If you see my post and realize I may have seen this on your blog, please let me know so that I can give you credit and link back to you.) After seeing this post I was like HELLO! Why didnt I think of that? lol I have seriously probably 10 pairs of jeans just hanging in my closet that I don't want to throw out because I love them so. BUT, teh bottom of them are all tore up because I am so short. I went right then to the closet and picked out a pair and got to work!!

You will need:
Jeans
Sand Paper (for "distressing")
Knife
Scissors

Get your pants.  If you look at the bottom there are holes from where I have walked on them. :(  You should see the other side...it had a tail!

First roll up the pants and cut where  you need to so that you will still be able to have a tight roll, without too much leftover jean.  Do the other leg the same.

Both sides are cut and rolled up to where I wanted them to hit on my leg!  If you need to you can sew/hand stitch the bottoms into place.  

Now its time for the fun! Take your knife/scissors and start cutting the slits and distressing the pants wherever you would like.  After cutting I took my sand paper and rubbed the area around where I cut to thin it out a little more.

Top part of the pants that I cut and distressed.

I even chose to do some on the back pockets. :)

And thats it!  Here is my final result!  The mirror I used if VERY old.  I promise I cleaned it before taking this pic.  HAHA!  The glass in it has just started to streak over the years. :(  Anyway, I do love them! 

Have a Wonderful Day!!

I will be linking up to:


Tip Junkie handmade projects






 



2 comments:

  1. Those look great! I love the look of the Boyfriend Jean but can't bring myself to BUY a pair lol. I do however have a pair or two I wouldn't mind cutting up! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have already worn them, and I am very pleased with how they turned out! Can't beat the price of FREE, either! :)

    ReplyDelete

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!