Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, November 28, 2011

A Small Piece of Paper....a HUGE Success!

Hey everyone!  I hope you all are having a fabulous day.  I wanted to pop in really quick and tell you all what has happened today.  I received a little small piece of paper in the mail while I was gone, and realized what it was this morning when I was going through my mail. 

I want to give you a little background into my life for a minute.  Right out of High School I went away to College in Oklahoma.  Yes, like 9 hours or so from home.  I didn't really know what I wanted to do with the rest of my life, so I was going to get my Associates and hopefully know a little more after that.  Needless to say, that only lasted one semester.  I decided to come home and started at a community college.  I decided that I wanted an Accounting degree because I was so good at math in school.  Well, come to find out....Accounting is seriously boring!  So, after one semester I quit that as well. 

Then came beauty school!  I have always loved doing things to my hair.  Different cuts, constant colors or highlights.  Fun, right?  To be able to do hair on a regular basis?  Yes, Please!  Well, 500 hours later my love graduated all of his schooling for the Army and was stationed at Ft. Campbell.  When we found out where he was going to be stationed we set our date for the wedding.  You know where this is going, I'm sure.  Yep!  I'm a beauty school drop out!  {Your totally singing the song from Grease right now, right?  lol} 
 I mean, it may be one of my all time favorite movies!  Seriously!!

Fast forward TEN YEARS later, and I FINALLY know what I want to do with my life!  Took long enough, right? ;)  When we decided that I would quit work to stay home with our kids I started taking online classes.  After 10 years of being married to the Military, and seeing what families and children go through I decided I wanted to help them.  I want to become a Marriage and Family Counselor.  I am seeking a Bachelors in Psychology, then will continue to a Masters in Marriage and Family Counseling.  Well, while away I received a small piece of paper in the mail.  Guess what it was??  My Associate of Arts Diploma!!

Can I get a Woot Woot!!  I am too excited.  It has taken so long, and lots of frustration and even some tears (Yes, I'm a big baby when I'm stressed! HA) but I have finished the first step.  I will start on my Bachelors program after the Holidays, and can not wait to get started.  Wish me luck! :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! That's a lot of work! Good luck on this next big adventure, you'll be great!

    ReplyDelete

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!