Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pinterest Make Me {Colored Jars}

Happy Wednesday!  On Wednesday's I like to take a pin from my pinboards on Pinterest and make them.  This way all of my time spent on Pinterest isn't a complete waste!

Last week I wanted to think up a cute gift for my boys teachers.  I wanted something that could set on their desk, and make them happy.  While going through my pin boards I remembered I seen this pin...

I loved it, but wanted to change it just a little.  Here is what I did.

 I took two jars and regular craft paint.

Pour your paint into your jar.

Move your jar around until it is completely coated.  I just poured paint in little by little until it was covered.  I let them dry overnight, and threw in some flowers.

Here they are!  I love how they turned out.  So bright and cheery.  I hope they bring many smiles to the boy's teacher's faces for many years to come.  Do you like to make what you pin on Pinterest, or just pin away?

I like to party here.

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. love them! have done this a few times and i totaly love the results! i love love love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pinned the same project :) I finally found some dimensional acrylic paint that I will use instead of a glue gun because I don't think I can write that quickly!

    The colours you used look fantastic - especially the fuschia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out adorable! Would love for you to link up at our Friday Block Party at Curb Alert! The link is up all weekend.
    http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2012/05/friday-block-party-5-feature-from-party.html
    Tami @ Curb Alert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how bright these turned out, so fun! This might seem like a silly question, but can they be filled with water?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm not sure if these would be able to hold water or not. What I would do is let the paint dry and "re-paint" with Modge Podge to seal the inside. They should be fine to hold water after that I wold think. Let me know if you decide to try it! Good luck.

      Delete
  5. This is one of the cutest ideas I've ever seen. I have so many mason jars in my basement...going to have to try this for a summer project. Stopping by from I Heart Nap Time linkup. :)

    ReplyDelete

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!