Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, May 21, 2012

Dress {Fashion Star}

Morning!

I have officially completed my first pattern!  I wanted some new dresses for summer, so off I went to Hobby Lobby.  A few weeks ago was 99cent pattern week.  And I don't know if I can ever buy a pattern without 99cent week now. How amazing is that??  Next I went to Hancock Fabrics, and found some fabulous fabric for 40% off!  All together this dress cost me less than $18.  I think that is an awesome price for this type of dress. This is the pattern I got....

Here is mine!  Please don't pay attention to how awkward I am in front of the camera.  I hate "posing".  HA!
The pattern was pretty easy, after a few calls to my mom.  I had never even looked at a pattern, much less read one and cut it out.  I'm blessed to have a VERY patient mom that will allow me to call her 4 times in less than an hour.  I also learned how to do button holes!  I thought that would be the end of this dress....but I finally decided to get out my machine instructions and read them.  HA!  So I conquered the button hole AND a pattern!  I am too excited!

I absolutely love it, and have already worn it a few times.  Isn't that the best??  Since my daughter will not wear what I make her, I have turned to myself for my sewing. 

I like to party over here!

Have a great day, and thanks so much for reading my blog.
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Was have this same pattern and was thinking about making a summer dress with it, I love how yours turned out - great fabric choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Weds (i think) Hancock offers 15% military discount-to help with your fabric fun! :) Looks great Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job on finding that awesome deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you did a great job on your first pattern Christy. Thank goodness for those patient Mums!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I can't believe that's your first pattern. Awesome job. And button holes too?!?! Good for you. If you're looking for another place to share your creative projects, check out Etcetorize (http://etcetorize.blogspot.ca/2012/05/make-it-great-monday_20.html). We always need more sewing projects, hope to see you there~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love the fabric. You would never know this was your first attempt at a pattern. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! It looks like you sew all the time! Thanks for sharing at our Handmade Tuesdays party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! Very impressive, esp for your first attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that turned out so cute! i just bought 2 maxi dresses on sale today! wish i could sew like you do! {and i love your hair} thanks for linking this up, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It turned out so cute! and I love that you made such an awesome dress from the first time you read a pattern! That is a seriously good job!

    Thanks for sharing!
    --Katie
    @ Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!