Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, May 7, 2012

Paper Rose Wreath {Tutorial}

A friend of mine made me a paper rose wreath a few months ago.  I loved it so much, that I of course had to make one.  My sweet Aunt Hope just had foot surgery, and has been feeling a little down.  So I thought maybe this would help cheer her up.  :)  Here it is.....


Want to know how to make your own??  Here you go! 

This is what you will need:
Wreath (I used a small one)
Paper colors of your choice
Material (for wrapping wreath and bow)
Hot glue and gun

Start by wrapping your wreath with fabric.  This is just a personal preference.  I like the wreath to be nice all the way around. ;)  This doesn't have to be perfect, just wrap and glue to the wreath.

Cut a TON of circles.  I started by stacking 5 papers and drawing a circle around the bottom of a smaller bucket.  It was about 8 inches across.  After you cut out all of your circles, cut them in a round pattern like the black line below.  It's not pretty, but you get the idea right? 

For the rose, start with the outside cut piece and just roll it to the left, with the colored paper part facing up.  You can make them as tight or loose as you would like.  When you get the the end of the rose, put some hot glue on the bottom, and fold the remaining paper to it.  Below is what it will probably look like.

 I started gluing my roses on the inside of the wreath first.  I didn't put them on the back, because that will be against the wall.  Continue gluing the roses on in rows all the way to the outsides as shown below.

Put your bow or ribbon on however you like, and admire your work!

This wreath took a complete day to finish.  Of course I didn't have uninterrupted work.  But it was fairly quick.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  But of course I learned how I liked my roses near the end of it. If I ever made another one, I'm sure it would look better.  But I hope my Aunt love it!!

I like to party at these awesome places!

Thanks so much for reading and stopping by.  Hugs!




Pin It

17 comments:

  1. Your wreath turned out great! I'm sure your aunt will love it. What a sweet thing to do for her. I'd been wondering how to make these and now, thanks to you, I have a great tutorial! Have an awesome week! ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is CRAZY-CUTE!!!!!!!! I LOVE the colors you used & that bow!!!! WOW! It really pops!!! You're so talented Christy! LOve it!!!!! (ps. your giveaway prize is still sitting here. I am going to try to mail it out tomorrow! sorry it's taking me so long - I take forever to mail things!! love, Julie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! New follower here - hope you will stop by and do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Christy. I love this! This may be my favorite project you've done. So so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wreath - mainly because they're some of my favorite colors! (and you did a fantastic job on it!).

    I would love it if you would link up at Watch Out, Martha!’s first link up party: Martha Mondays, going on now through Wednesday! Hope to see you there!
    http://www.watchoutmartha.net/2012/05/martha-monday-link-up-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute - I've been meaning to make one for about 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute! wow! I love it! & I love your blog! I'd love you to link up to my linky party going on here:
    http://itsjustcalledspicy.blogspot.com/2012/05/spicy-link-up-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! Found you on Not just a housewife party.

    Amber
    recipeswelove.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this. I'll link back to you after I make mine!

    Kimberly@ pinterestreality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christy, this rose wreath is ADORABLE! The how-to instructions seem so easy too, I can't wait to try this for a summer wreath. Found you from Staci's blog, Not just a housewife. Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the colour combo of fabrics that you chose! Found you via linky - off to have a good look round your site - would love you to come visit me too!
    http://partycraftsecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun way to use up all of those papers we all have! I love the look of the rolled paper flower, thanks for sharing with us at tip toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This wreath is absolutely gorgeous! I would love for you to share on Blog Stalking Thursday! http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2012/05/blog-stalking-thursday-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how it turned out! So pretty and so fun! Thanks for sharing it wit h us this week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful wreath! A lot of work, but soooo worth it!

    Thanks for linking it up @ Creatively Living!
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty!! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!
    Also- I posted a special announcement on my blog today that I hope you'll check out, and I'm giving away a cute clutch over at Happy Hour Projects!

    ReplyDelete

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!