Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tasty Tuesday {Paleo Shepherd's Pie}

So the family has now been eating Paleo style for a month now.  I can't say I love it...but I don't hate it either.  Actually, 99% of the food that I have made has been delicious!  AND, it takes less time to make since it's all fresh. 

Well a few weeks ago I made Paleo Shepherd's Pie.  We LOVE Shepherd's Pie in this house.  So when I found out we can't have potatoes...I may or may not have freaked out a little.  Ok, ok, who are we kidding...I freaked out.  I LOVE potatoes...and that is probably the hardest thing for me on Paleo.  Anyhow, here it is.

What I did:
First, gather all of your veggies you want to use.  I used carrots, green beans, zucchini, squash, and one can of organic diced tomatoes.  Fry all of your hamburger meat, and drain.  Add all veggies in a pot with 1 tablespoon of coconut amino's and cook.  I cooked mine for about 30 minutes. Add your veggies with the hamburger meat in your pan, and sprinkle some cilantro on top.

While your veggies are cooking, cut up your head of cauliflower and add it to a pan of boiling water.  After it has cooked to soft, remove it and "mash".
 Third, add your mashed cauliflower onto the meat and veggie mix.  And bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
 If your family likes it as much as mine....this is what you will have at the end of the night!
I would call that a success, wouldn't you? 

Do you eat Paleo?  If so, where do you get your recipe's from?  I would love to know!
I like to party here.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I just heard of Paleo a little while ago but don't know if I could do it :) I'm a new follower and would love to have you stop by my brand new blog and follow too, if you'd like. My first link party/give-away is running now through Saturday. I hope you'll come and link up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just learned about the paleo thing a while ago too! looks yummy! thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of the Paleo diet before, so thanks for helping me learn something new today! I think this shepherd's pie looks delicious! I love healthy veggie-filled meals. Thanks so much for linking up to the Stache Party!

    ReplyDelete

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!