Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 25, 2011

Monster Pants

Do all boys tear holes in their knees of every pair of jeans they own?  Or is it just my boys??  PLEASE tell me it's every boy. HA!  The following pictures are of my youngest son, Kaleb's, jeans.  In an effort to keep clothes costs down, and re-use things, I decided to give these jeans a "makeover".

I found this on Pinterest a few weeks ago....
How adorable, but tough, right?

So, here are his jeans.

I didn't take pictures of the steps I did.  Sorry.   But I will try and explain it clearly.  First, I cut out some "teeth and eyes" from felt.  I then found some scrap fabric from an earlier project.  I sewed the teeth on top of the scrap fabric.  Then, I sewed the scrap fabric on the edges of the hole, inside of the jeans (so you can't see the mess).  I used floss for this.  I then sewed the eyes on with floss as well.

Here is a close up.  Best part about it?  Kaleb loves it!  And he is my VERY picky child when it comes to clothing.  So, Score!

I will be linking up to these parties.

I've been featured: 



Thrifty and Fabuless

Have A Wonderful Day!!

10 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea! Such a cool way to keep kids clothes going a little longer!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This totally made me laugh! What a fun idea to "fix" torn jeans! I'll be sharing this on my facebook page. Thanks so much for linking up at The Creative Spark! Hope to see you next week!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Eisy Morgan. What a cute idea! Glad your little guy likes his new monster pants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cracks me up! I love a good monster. I'd love for you to share this at Fun For Kids Friday.

    http://smilemonsters.blogspot.com/2011/07/fun-for-kids-friday_28.html

    Jo @ SmileMonsters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much everyone! I love that my picky child will even wear them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is cute! i love the herringbone pattern you used for the mouth! thanks for linking this up to my tip-toe thru tuesday party! hope to see you again this week doll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the best idea ever! I'm going to be featuring this on tomorrow's Thrifty Thursday Link Party! Thank you so much for linking this up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just came across your blog. And this is AWESOME!!!! My son goes thru pants SO fast! I will definitely be doing this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!