Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, July 1, 2011

At home with Barbie

When I was a little girl I had a serious thing for Barbie. By serious I mean if there was an item for a barbie, I probably had it. Serious like my barbie house was made for me and was almost as long as one of my walls in my room and taller than I could reach to the top. In fact, I still have some of my barbie things in storage as keep sakes. :)
When Riley turned three I knew I needed to get her barbie house going. While the kids and I were away visiting family my sweet husband took the week putting it together for me her.  After it was finished, she LOVED it!  She spent all night playing with it the day it was finished.  Success!

Of course since I love color, every room had to be a different color.  The kitchen has tile, the bedrooms have carpet, and it even comes with a stairwell and a real tiled roof.  One thing I realize I need to work on are pictures for the walls.  They are so bare, and we can't have that.  I will have to start figuring something out soon.
I will be linking to these parties.

Have A Wonderful Day!!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful little house. We are not yet to the barbie phase at our house but we will be soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this. is. awesome!! did he build it??? what fun!! i have a kit downstairs that i've had for years and want/need to put together. just actually bought a wooden barn for little man at a garage sale for $2. it's our project this weekend :) can't wait to see what you do on the walls! you're such a creative bird!! blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! :) My husband did build it. We found building directions through rodswoodworking.com/dollhouse-plans It was last year, so I'm not sure if that is still valid or not.

    Andi jaye - can't wait to see the barn. :) My son would LOVE that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! My girls would love something like this!

    I hope you'll check out this weeks "Fitness Friday" :) It's a link up party too! :)

    www.sparklesandbugs.blogspot.com
    www.fitmamawannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so so so so so so so so great! I love it! We're really into Barbie clothes over here, so I've been on a sewing spree, but I think we need to get building a house pretty soon! Thanks for bringing this to my attention!!

    Andrea
    www.addicted2tutes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! One thing that I do for artwork in miniature is to go to posters.com or a similar site. They have a tool where you can choose a custom frame for the art. Email the link to yourself. (it will make more sense on the website). You will have a custom framed piece of art that you can save to your computer. Then I put the pictures in a word document and print on photo paper. Cut out the framed art & glue to craft foam (same color as the frame) and voila-3d custom miniature art. It looks very real and you can have just about any style that you desire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute!!! My daughter would die for it. Is it handmade or purchased?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jenny, Thanks so much! This was my husband's first "build". We are all so happy about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Barbie doll house! I always get so excited when my daughter starts showing interest in the things I loved as a little girl. She just discovered My Little Ponies - so much fun! You should have your daughter color some pictures and then trim her "artwork" to fit the wall. Maybe use some thin ribbon to frame it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Cool my grand-daughter would love this! and "WeKnowStuff" ...that is a great idea!
    KAT

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks so much for linking this up to my tip-toe thru tuesday party! what'cha got for us this week?

    ReplyDelete

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!