Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thrifty Thursday {Clothes Re-do}


One of the best ways to save money is by "re-doing" items you already have and making them work for you.  I have been seeing jean and lace shorts everywhere lately.  And I love them.  Lucky me I had some "spare" shorts that were too tight around my leg, and I knew the perfect way to fix that.

A few months ago my Mother In Law gave me a box full of lace and other stuff.  I found these lace pieces, and knew they would be perfect.  I cut up the size of my shorts on the outside seam on each side, all the way up to right under the top of the lace piece.

I pined the lace in place, separating the seams a little to stretch the leg out so it would fit better.  Next I sewed them on.

I just went around the edges with white thread.  After sewn in, and I checked to make sure the legs fit good, I cut out the "extra" jean material.
 
Here they are on.
 
Pin It

I am completely happy with how they turned out.  I have already worn them a few times, with a few different tops trying to "style" them right.  I think this one works.  What do you think?

I like to party at these awesome places.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Those are SO cute and such an easy project! I definitely have a couple pairs of shorts that could use a little extra leg room (hee hee), so I definitely want to try this out!

    ReplyDelete

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!