Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Work it out Wednesday {A 5K}

Happy Wednesday!

I'm a little late posting today because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my Wednesday posts...until now.  I have just recently committed to doing a 5K.  My first 5K.  It is is October, so I have plenty of time to get ready.  And I'm not going to lie. I have no "follow through" with working out.  Especially when it comes to running because I am not a runner.  I have never felt like I could run. 







You see, my hunky husband is seriously athletic and in shape.  He's constantly working out or doing marathons or things like the Warrior Dash.  {Hes in the orange) 
So lately I've been feeling like I need to get into doing something.  I'm not getting any younger, and as I get older I realize that they weight seems to hang around a lot more.  BOO!

There are a few ladies in my church that are running the half marathon, so I decided I would at least get a start and do a 5K.  And I'm pretty excited about it.  Not only will they help keep me motivated, but I figured it couldn't hurt  if I would be held accountable to updates for my blog as well.

Every week I will post a Work it out Wednesday where I tell you how I am doing with my training.  How many miles I have ran/walked, and if I am noticing a change in my body.  To start us off, here is a picture of me from this morning before my first workout.  Don't judge, and be nice, please.  I would tell you how much I weigh...but I don't tell my husband {is that crazy?} and I'm not sure if he checks the blog or not.  haha  So you don't get to know.  But I will tell you if I have lost any each week.

Today I did 4 miles on the treadmill.  I ran two miles, with two miles walking.  I felt really good having not ran in a very long time.  I also did weights for 20 minutes.  Tonight I am definitely feeling it.  I'm sure tomorrow will be worse. 

Alright, here we go!

Pin It

0 Commenting Cuties:

Post a Comment

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!