Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 16, 2012

Thread Necklace {Tutorial}

Today I am going to show  you how I made a thread necklace.  A few weeks ago while at Maurices {LOVE IT} I spotted a necklace that I wanted.  Luckily I had my mom there.  I'm telling you, the only time I try to make any jewelry is when my mom is with them.  It's her specialty.
 Seriously, thread and gold jewelry circles.  Too easy.  Off to Wal*Mart I went. 
Here is what you need:
2 packs of thread
2 packs of jewelry circles (I used the larger size)
This is how I did it:
Lay your two packs of thread out, measure them into three long sections of the same size, and cut.  You will now have one long piece of  6 threads.  Put tape around your ends so that you are able to slide the circles on easier.  Next, double knot on one end where you would like your first set of metal circles.  I used 30 circles per section.  Once your circles are on, double knot the other end of the circles.  Continue this leaving as much space in between the metal circles as you would like.  When I had the amount I wanted I just took the tape off of the ends, and double knotted the ends together.  You can of course use a regular necklace clasp, but I didn't have any on hand.

And there you go!  Your own thread necklace.  I love it.  And instead of $16, it only cost me $5.  Can't beat that!

I like to party here.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap... that is too cute!! You guys are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea! I love the pop of color it give an outfit!

    ReplyDelete

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!