Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, November 30, 2012

Polar Express Movie Night

One of our favorite Christmas movies is The Polar Express.  (Who's isn't, right?)  It has a great story, and is a good movie for the whole family.  We all got in our jammies and "vegged out" while watching it.
 
One night dad was away, and I decided we would have a camp out in the living room.  I love doing small surprises like this, out of the norm.  I want the kids to think that I am a "fun mom" and I want them to remember times like these.  I pulled out my best glasses.  Yes, real glasses for this special night!  And I bought some expensive  sparkling white grape juice.  ;)  This was the kids first time drinking this kind.  It's my favorite!


Of course, they loved it!  The bottle was gone before the snacks were.  I know sparkling white grape juice doens't really "fit" with the movie, but I wanted to give them something special that they've never tried.  They have asked for it many times since, too.

I think it's important to show our kids that you can have fun at home.  You don't always need the best toys, or go to the theatre to watch a good movie and have fun.  Sometimes you can do it in the comfort of your home, and try new things!

What kind's of things do you do with your children "out of the norm"?  I need some more ideas!

Thanks so much for reading.

I like to party at these awesome places.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Love this!!! We like to surprise our girlie by popping a movie into the laptop, piling into our bed (with snacks of course) and watching a movie snuggled up together as a family!! Great memories!!

    ReplyDelete

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!