Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Splatter Painted Frame

The other day I went to Wal-Mart and seen a frame, it was only 99cents, so I picked it up and knew I could figure something out to do with it.  I love painting frames, so when I got home I  went straight to my stockpile of paints.

Pin It
 
 
When I was growing up I'm pretty sure I had a room that the walls were white with different colored paint splattered on it.  I say pretty sure, because my memory is horrible.  So that is where I went with my frame.  It was so easy, even kids could rock this one out.
 
Here is what you will need:
 
 
I started by painting a few coats of white on the frame.  Once the white was dry I just took the different colors and "layered" them separately by splattering them onto the white.  Let the colors dry in between adding a new one.  I like this because you can add or "tweak" your colors and amounts very easily as you go.



Let the paint dry, pop a picture in, and your done!  The picture I chose is an old school one from probably 12 years ago or so.  It's me and my sister.  I love it!

 
I think it looks perfect in my living room!
 
I like to visit these blogs.
 

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea! I'd love if you'd link up to The DIY'ers! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-diyers-31.html

    ReplyDelete

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!