Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, June 4, 2012

Dress {Fashion Star}

A few weeks ago I went shopping at a local Boutique downtown.  I love it so much, I'm going to see if I can take some pictures and do a post about it.  I have been inspired so much just by walking around in there.  While in there, I found a dress that I had.to.have!  I LOVED the dress, but hated the length and the price.  I don't have a very good picture, just one where I was in the "dressing room"....IE. bathroom.  Here is what it looked like....sorry the picture is sideways....I took it with my phone and can't figure out how to change it.

Since I didn't want to pay the price I thought I would make it.  A trip to Hobby Lobby and $6 later I had fabric for the dress.  I decided to try it myself. 

Basically all it was is two rectangle pieces of fabric, with one arm hole cut out.  Sew the sleeveless side of the dress regular, next to the body.  Then sew the other side almost half way in, leaving a space for the arm to slide through.  

When your arm is down, the extra fabric will lay in ruffles against your side.  For some reason it still wound up just as short, so I will find some simple black shorts to wear with it.
Pin It

I do love it!  However, I may still have to go buy the original one that I seen. ;)

I like to party over here!

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Christy!!! This is freaking adorable!!!! I absolutley love it! Did you figure out how to make it on your own? You should think about doing a tutorial ;) It looks smokin' hot on you - love the length but can understand how you could feel it was too short. I've done that before too...and with little boys around, my dress is bound to go UP way too easily! :) LOL!!! You might be able to pull it off with a pair of tight black leggings or capris...and a chunky black beaded necklace - yowza sista!!! LOVE IT! Hugs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! Great job on "copycatting" something you like. I plan on doing that with some tank tops I picked up on sale for this summer. I am stopping by from Sumo's Sweet Stuff linky party and your newest follower.

    Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/06/kids-roll-up-nap-blanket.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah-cha-cha! look at you mama! bet hubs can't wait until date night! that's such a cute dress :) just got into maxi dresses and LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I don't think I could pull off such a bold pattern but it looks great on you. If you're looking for another place to share your creative projects, check out Etcetorize. Party starts later tonight..would love to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!