Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, June 11, 2012

DIY {Coloured Skinny Pants}


Happy Monday! 

At this very moment as I am typing this is it 7pm my time on a Saturday night.  I have had a less then relaxing day, and I am SO HAPPY to be here...blogging. ;)

Back to the post!  Of course coloured skinny jeans have been everywhere this season.  I have loved them from the moment I seen 'em, but didn't want to pay for them since I knew they would be a "trend" and out the next season probably.  So I did it the cheap way! 

I went to a local Salvation Army and found these white, wide legged pants from Old Navy for $2.99!  I knew I wanted them coloured, and skinny so I went to work. 

Here is how they fit before I started.

I started by dying the pants....after three times trying to use green and realizing it was only whitener and brightener, I bought teal and got it right.  HA!  Read the labels people, read the labels.  When they were done with color, I turned them inside out and laid my skinny jeans on top of them. 

I pinned down the legs the length where they needed to be cut down and sewn to make them skinny.

Cut off the excess material.

I sewed a zig zag stitch, and then went right down the outside of that with a straight stitch.  I just wanted to make sure it held since I don't have a surger.

Here is the finished look!  As always, don't pay attention to my awkwardness.  Hopefully I will get more comfortable with pictures of myself for the blog.

And since my little girl just had to take a picture as well, here is hers.  ;)

I love my new coloured skinny jeans!  Even if they did wind up costing me the price of new ones after my dying fiasco.  HA!

I like to party over here!


Pin It

8 comments:

  1. These turned out great! I love the color too

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you are so good! i love that color! thanks so much for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color! I bought white capris to dye but then I decided I wanted to keep them white :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic job!! What a super way to personalize pants! Gotta try this! Thank you so much for linking up to Uncommon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!!! I need to do this to quite a few pairs of my pants!

    Thanks for sharing!
    --Katie @ Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do this to almost all of the pants I buy anymore since I have a hard time findng pants that fit... thanks for sharing your tips, I'll have to keep in mind that I can dye them too!
    KIm

    ReplyDelete

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!