Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Savings Saturday

Pets, Pets, Pets.  I have a confession to make....I am NOT a fan of pets.  None of them. Please don't click off of my site now.  lol  My husband, however, may be the biggest pet freak ever.  He LOVES dogs.  And he gets so attached so quickly to them. 

Im cheap frugal already with our expenses, so of course this carries over into our animal.  We have a full blooded Beagle.  He is my husbands, of course, but I am the one that takes care of it.  lol  Go figure!  Here are some ways that we save money on our pet.....

Some vets will offer a cheaper price to low income family's.  All you need to do is call your vet's office and see if they have discounts for this.  All we had to do was show our latest tax record.  Most vets will also give discounts to elderly people that have animals.
Bathing.  I don't know about you all, but I just can't justify paying a person to wash my animal.  But these places always get your dog smelling so good, and their coats are always so shiny!  Not to mention ever having to worry about fleas and such.  So, while at the vet I asked about good shampoo to use for our dog.  Guess what they said......DAWN!  Ok, sorry for screaming that!  I tend to get a little lot excited when something so inexpensive is the answer to a question.  Our vet says that dawn will make their coat shinny, help fight off fleas, AND will keep dandruff at bay.  Amazing!  Not to mention that with a coupon and a good sale, you can get it for FREE very often!  I'm beginning to like pets more and more. ;)

You can even save on spay/neutor of your animal.  Go to ASPCA and see if there is a participating vet in your area. 

And last but not least, coupons.  Of course. :)  You can get coupons for just about every kindo f pet food and snacks imaginable.  If you can't find them in the coupon inserts, go to the company's website and more than likely there will be a link so you can print off coupons. 



0 Commenting Cuties:

Post a Comment

I {Heart} Commenting Cuties!